09 June 2012

Inspiring People

Kim Noble is an amazing and inspiring person, well number of people.

Kim Noble was abused as a child and has lived most of her life with a number of personalities as a result. I finished reading her biography, 'All of Me' tonight.

I found 'All of Me' a challenge to read, but am very glad to have read Kim's story. I took several long breaks while reading as I found it an emotionally challenging read. I became frustrated at the people Kim encountered and close to enraged at the treatment she endured with no diagnosis of Dissociative Identity Disorder (D.I.D) being made for many years.

I hope that Kim speaking out and sharing her experiences means that others in similar situations might not have to endure half of what she has survived.

Even after finishing 'All of Me' I find it surreal. I cannot fathom what it would be like to have no control over the personalities emerging and taking control of portions of my life. I have great admiration for all of Kim's personalities, her therapists and especially her daughter.

No comments: